Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Spring Chicks


Teen Chicks, originally uploaded by trillium~mama.

Here are this years chicks. Last year we bought two chicks in hopes of getting at least one hen. We found out they were both roosters-our poor hens! They went to nice new homes, and this year we started over.
We have weeded out the roosters, and now have what we believe to be four hen chicks. Our two old banty hens are 11 and 12yrs old, so they are no spring chickens (groan)! We wanted to get some new girls to keep them company.
It's been great-Bleu adopted half of them, and Broody adopted the other half. It's amazing at their ages they have the energy to keep up with babies! I'm young and I can barley keep up with mine!
We look forward to Ava growing up with backyard chickens. I can't wait for her to have a little egg basket and gather fresh eggs. I'll keep you all posted on our chicken farm adventures.

2 comments:

caseyoconnell said...

Dear heaven, I am blinded by the cuteness of that dress! And kicking myself for swearing off buying DD new clothes until she really needs them. My PayPal account is quivering right now. ;-)

Casey (Valkyrie9 at MDC)

Chelsea said...

lol! I really know the feeling, my husband has decided I'm not to buy anymore clothing until dd changes sizes!