Monday, May 28, 2007

our shade garden


our shade garden, originally uploaded by trillium~mama.

We have been having divine gardening weather here in the Pacific Northwest. This year I actually managed to start some tomato and cucumber seeds indoors, and they lived to get transplanted!
We have four varieties of tomatoes: brandywine, Italian heirloom, Martino's roma, and silvery fir tree. Eight of the plants have been moved out to one of our two large raised beds-the other five are here in the shade garden waiting to go in the other bed.
The shade garden is my own little haven. This photo is looking out my bedroom window, into my future craft room window. The garden is home to a variety of plants from wild geranium to bluebells and ferns. My husband Andy even built a nice pergola to support our evergreen clematis and wisteria vines.
I can't wait to get out into my new craft room, and put in a bigger window to view my shade garden. It's one of life's little pleasures.

No comments: