Tuesday, May 15, 2007

the purl district












As some of you probably know, I have been selling my bags at a cool local knitting shop called The Purl District. The owner Celia has been so great by giving me a chance that could be hard to come by. This week her shop has gone web wide. She hopes to be selling yarns and other products (yes, my bags) on her site. I am very excited to have Internet exposure without even having to hit the keys!
On another note, I decided to try out a position at a coffee house I used to work for and manage. The owner is new since I worked there, and I thought a nice mellow baking shift would be great. I could get out of the house for a bit, and Ava could spend some time with her Oma. Due to some miscommunication there, I think I'll stick to sewing.
Hopefully by the end of the summer my Etsy shop will be up and running, and the Purl District web store will be overflowing with orders for me.
Hey, it's nice to dream.


3 comments:

yumptatious said...

Keep positive: who knows what will happen! You're dresses are beautiful and I'm sure they will do fantastically well. I'd buy some myself but as dear daughter is now a strapping 12 year old, they may be a bit of a squeeze! My 6 year old son had a brief period (4 hours) of cross-dressing as a toddler, but has been very macho since.

Chelsea said...

Haha! Thanks!

Stone Buddha said...

Chelsea Babe,
Heh! Thx for the plug on your blog. I'm NOT giving you a break. You are giving me one.
Silly ......Women your age awith special sewing skills aren't around everywhere ya know. You are Fab.

Your bags are the best and we will be taking them to the Madrona Fiber Arts gigantic retail show in Feb. I think I haven't told you we got in. so girlfriend here comes another break! Make all the bags you can between now and feb 8th. We will sell them I'm sure. The show sold out the minute registration opened online.

Love ya meanit,
Celia
PS Come and pick up the new patches I got.