Friday, September 28, 2007

It has been seven weeks since I have written here. It started out with a vacation seven weeks ago, and there has been another since then. I find it hard to believe that it has been so long, but the calendar doesn’t lie.
We have done so much during this time that I find it hard to know where to begin. We have traveled from Oregon to California, back to Oregon, and up to Washington. It has been great to travel, but now that fall is settling in I find myself ready.
I found a juried craft fair called Crafty Wonderland, that I have been preparing to enter. I have been sewing and taking photos in preparation for this weekend’s deadline. It isn’t until December, but it will take me that long to build up enough product to sell. If I don’t get accepted, I’ll have plenty to sell in my Etsy Shoppe through the winter!
I just got my huge shipment of Joel Dewberry fabrics. Now I find myself staring at it, not knowing what to make. I’m sure it will come to me, probably in the middle of the night after a pee break. It seems like this is when I get my best ideas, and consequently end up exhausted the next day.
I am ready for the cooler days and nights, long summer days can be so tiring. We harvested about 40lbs of organic tomatoes the other day, and turned them in to spaghetti sauce to can. They never made it to the jars though-I burned six gallons of premium sauce. It made me sick, and still does to think of it.
We have a very nice crop of butternut squash coming on, and are ready to plant our winter crops. There is always a anew cycle of food to be harvested with some garden planning. Today I am going to do some baking for the weekend. On the list is banana bread, cinnamon coffee cake and roasted butternut. I hope you have a relaxing weekend, wherever you are.


3 comments:

The Wooden Spool said...

Gorgeous works of art!

Chelsea said...

Thanks so much Laurie!

SimplyBillie said...

Those dresses are so beautiful!