Friday, June 29, 2007

vintage and vintage-ish buttons

So the other day I was having thrifting fever. Ava and I drove to a nearby city and went out to a Goodwill that usually has good crafty stuff and books.
They had moved the books to the front, so we started there. We found a great 1980s Sunset kids crafting book, and a 1960s Hardy Boys book. I have actually never read the Hardy Boys, so I picked it up for a light mystery read.
Next we made our way to the men's shirt isle. I was searching for a shirt to turn into a dress for Ava, for my little brother's wedding next weekend. I found a perfect shirt, and will post pics as soon as I'm done with the dress.
I saved the best for last-the crafty isle. I found an embroidery hoop to add to my collection, which will become fabric art someday. Then I saw it. Up on the top shelf was a large plastic pickle jar. It was full of tons of buttons! I snatched it up quickly, looking around to fend off the other button hounds ready to attack me. There wasn't anyone else in the isle. I couldn't believe I had just scored such a find!
When I got home, I went through the jar. Lots of nice vintage looking(I'm not a judge of actual age, just looks) buttons galore. I still have to take photos of the best actual vintage buttons on cards that were in the jar. There were some great ones!
Anyway, it made my week, and I can now officially say I am a vintage button collector!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love Them! The ones you have posted are lovely..... If you ever do a trade on flickr let me know

Jeannette